When it comes to watches, you must never ever shortchange yourself. Only the best designer watches for urban professionals should find its way into your wrists since, for male professionals like you, watches are the status symbol in jewelry.
Of course, there is your platinum wedding ring, if you are married, but a diamond stud earring in one ear, heavy rings for each and every finger, and the ubiquitous corded gold necklace simply do not have a place anywhere near your professional body. Only with the best designer watches for urban professionals will you feel sufficiently comfortable to face company and to face off with company directors.
Brands to Brandish
As a budding connoisseur of designer watches for urban professionals, you will be faced with a myriad of brands. Each one has its unique merits and its distinguishing marks but you will find that each one is almost as dedicated as its competitors in bringing you the latest developments in watch technology.
You should be well-versed in the following popular brands of designer watches, though this list is not complete due to space considerations:
- Bulova watches are known the world over for their combination of outstanding durability and astounding design. In fact, a Bulova Automatic watch was dropped in 1941 and recovered in 2008 from the seabed in working condition! You also have a complete line of watches to choose from to suit your various needs ? from the reasonably priced Caravelle line to the signature Bulova, from the sporty Accutron to the dressy Wittnauer Swiss.
- Fossil watches are best known for their affordable designer watches for urban professionals with the ability to surprise you with its designs. If you are the adventurous type, do not be fooled into thinking that the brand name equals stagnation. The way with which time is measured is definitely off the beaten track.
- Esq watches are designed to buck trends. When you have one, you can be sure that it will outlast any fad in men?s watches with its attention to details from the watch movement, to the watch face and the watch straps.
When you go up the corporate ladder, and consequently in financial capacity, you must invest in these expensive timepieces to make your watch collection complete:
- International Watch Company watches are to be collected for their elegance and engineering, with the company guaranteeing that it can repair any watch from every era in company history. Its most notable watch is the Da Vinci watch that is mechanically programmed to last 500 years! Be prepared to shell out more than your pretty penny of hundreds of dollars when you purchase these designer watches for urban professionals.
- Rolex watches are number one in the minds of professionals for good reasons. These are so precise that the Wimbledon and Australian Open tournaments use Rolex as timepieces and so durable that it has scaled the heights of Mt. Everest and dived the lows of the Mariana Trench. Of course, you have to pay more than the average watches since the cheapest can cost around $5,000 and the most expensive at around $30,000.
With watches, the determining factors are your preference (sporty, dressy, in between) and your budget (affordable, mid-range, stratospheric high).
Terms to You Need to Know
When selecting designer watches for urban professionals, you will be faced with watch lingo. You do not need to fret because it is quiet understandable for the most novice of laymen. You will do well, however, to know these three terms that are often the hallmarks of good designer watches for urban professionals:
- COSC (Contr?le Officiel Suisse des Chronom?tres) translated as Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute, certifies as to the accuracy and precision of watches made in Switzerland. If your designer watch has the institute?s approval, it can be rightfully called a chronometer with a guarantee of good quality.
- Chronograph is the term used to describe the timekeeping and stopwatch functions of chronometers. If you can afford it, opt for the analog chronograph watches instead of the digital kind; the latter is just so casual for office wear and it can mean laziness on your part.
- Perpetual calendar describes the capacity of wristwatches to display dates automatically. This is an important part of your wristwatch because you want to be reminded of both time and day!
Ultimately, your collection of designer watches for urban professionals should reflect who you are and who you aspire to be. You will have the confidence to look at the time and know that you are right on track.